Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I keep my old music on my ipod while adding new music from my new computer?

I recently bought a new computer. I have music on my icloud that switched over. However, I am from the CD generation and I have a lot of music on my old computer that is also on my ipod nano. I purchased an album on iTunes on my new computer and want to put it on my ipod. When I sync it up, it tells me I have to clear my "old library" and download my "new library". Is there a way to keep my old music on there and add my new to it?

Or a more time consuming option, is there a way to convert my CD music to the icloud? Can I, should I do that instead? Help please.

iPod nano

Posted on Feb 3, 2016 6:46 PM

1 reply

How can I keep my old music on my ipod while adding new music from my new computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.