Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacPaint won't boot on enhanced 512k model

I own a Macintosh 512k and a copy of MacPaint. However, I can't run MacPaint because I get an error message each time I try to run it:User uploaded file

"MacPaint can't find work space on the default drive."

How can I solve this issue? (Note that one of the Mac's ROM chips may be malfunctioning as I've broken one of the pieces off.)

Posted on Feb 3, 2016 7:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2016 10:52 AM

Did you try to assign more RAM reservation for the MacPain program?

1) Quit the program

2) find the Icon of the program and call the info ( i)

3) you can there assign how many RAM will be used from the program to run (look 1st howmuch RAM have the system)

4) close the Info of the Program

5) start MacPaint

I hope this helps

good luck

Massimo

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2016 10:52 AM in response to Tiger_Lily18

Did you try to assign more RAM reservation for the MacPain program?

1) Quit the program

2) find the Icon of the program and call the info ( i)

3) you can there assign how many RAM will be used from the program to run (look 1st howmuch RAM have the system)

4) close the Info of the Program

5) start MacPaint

I hope this helps

good luck

Massimo

Sep 9, 2016 9:56 AM in response to Tiger_Lily18

Check and see if your disk is locked (sliding tab in the floppy's corner). If it is try unlocking the disk. Just be careful you don't accidentally erase anything. If you have two floppy drives check the book floppy's as well.

Try changing the application's memory allocation, like Massimo suggested.

Try changing the values of the disk cache. It is in the General control panel for System 6 and earlier or the Memory control panel for newer versions of the Macintosh System / Mac OS.

MacPaint won't boot on enhanced 512k model

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.