Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

.xml file of project crashes FCP X upon re-import, why?

I have a short 4:30 project built with multi-cam/compound clip and green screen performances. I copied the finalized project to a new library and consolidated the media. I then exported the project as an .xml file to be opened on another computer with the same consolidated library. When I try to import the xml file, it hangs FCP X 10.2.2 and then crashes. I have the feeling it has to do with the combination of multicam clips and green screens.

I wish there were a way to "break apart" or "collapse" multicam clips to simplify the finalizing process. After all these years it should be number one on the list. Multicam clips make projects, even this little job, huge, taking forever to open and make snapshots.

Hope somebody has an answer.

Final Cut Pro X, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3), null

Posted on Feb 3, 2016 8:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 1:35 AM

DDon't use XML for this. Use a transfer library. If you have the same external media o both systems copy the problem ject into a new library and send the library to the other user.

3 replies

.xml file of project crashes FCP X upon re-import, why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.