Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airprint not working for iPhone/iPad, but does work on Mac.

I've installed a wireless printer using my macbook air, and it prints fine from my Mac, but neither my iPhone or iPad on the same wireless network can find the printer. Both devices have got the latest updates. It's a Canon printer and it is Airprint enabled.

I've tried everything to get my iOS devices to connect to the printer, I have updating the firmware on my printer, and even re-installed my printer using only my mac via Bonjour, but no luck so far. I have the Canon app on my phone and it does print via that app, but it's not a great app as you can' print everything from it.

So printer works with mac, but not with iOS devices. Can anyone help?

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 3, 2016 8:30 PM

2 replies

Feb 3, 2016 8:34 PM in response to Florence N

The Mac doesn't require AirPrint to print, but it does have that availability. Check to make sure the Printer's exact model is on the list at About AirPrint - Apple Support If those steps don't work, contact the printer manufacturer as there either may be something that is not entirely enabled or you may have a printer issue. Since it's both of your iOS devices that are not working, there is little to no chance that this is an issue with them as they rely entirely on AirPrint to function outside of the app.

Airprint not working for iPhone/iPad, but does work on Mac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.