Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All my movies are not showing

I recently bought a new iPad mini 4 and when I went to my music and movie purchases, and not all of them are showing. I bought my movies and received a digital copy and they were all there, but when I believe iOS 8 or 9 or iTunes 12 came out, many of my movies disappeared. I don't know where they are. I haven't checked if the same thing is occurring for my music, but I am missing a lot of movies in the cloud. Any idea how to get these back in my account? When I had my iPad 3 the movies also were not all showing. Thank you for your help.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4-OTHER, Other OS, Lollipop 5.1.1

Posted on Feb 3, 2016 9:18 PM

14 replies

Feb 3, 2016 10:39 PM in response to aggressivility

All streaming providers like iTunes, Amazon, Vudu etc. are beholden to studio contracts. The studios reserve the right to sign exclusive deals with networks and specific streaming partners. When this happens, the library access is disabled for all other providers. The way to ensure you always retain your digital purchases and digital copies is to download a copy. You can even store in your personal iCloud storage for access anywhere. But you have to download and backup your purchases to ensure you always have access...

Feb 14, 2016 7:41 AM in response to aggressivility

Is it possible that some of your music and movies are hidden? If yes, you can unhide them using that article: Hide and unhide purchases in iTunes or iBooks on your Mac or PC - Apple Support

You can then download your music using this one: Download your past purchases - Apple Support

If you still don't see/cannot download your music/movies, then yes, the provider removed them from the store. Generally, I'd always recommend making a back-up, so you always have access to your articles. Try this article: How to back up your devices using iCloud or iTunes - Apple Support

Feb 14, 2016 5:45 PM in response to Protodd

If ever I had any issues with Amazon or Google, they resolved it via credit or a push of the content in question. I've never been denied nor have I lost any items with thee providers. I never said apple was greedy. It would be nice not to have words crammed down your throat just to make a false point. I would thank you not to put words in my mouth.

Feb 14, 2016 5:54 PM in response to aggressivility

You can use the report a problem links in your account history to contact the iTunes store staff. Perhaps they can locate the items that you cannot see. The ability to redownload past purchases depends on their continued availability in the store. For this reason I would strongly urge that you Backup your iTunes for Windows library with SyncToy and move your library when you get a new computer.

tt2

Feb 14, 2016 5:59 PM in response to turingtest2

Thank you, turingest2. I have indeed backed up all my movies and have viewed my purchase history in iTunes. All my movies are there under the history, but not all of them are showing in the cloud. I will try contacting Apple but I think they will offer the same help. Backing up movies. Which will result in me hauling my laptop everywhere with my external hard drive instead of my iPad.

Feb 14, 2016 6:11 PM in response to aggressivility

Amazon or Google would not have been able to "push" a title that had been removed from their services. They would be in violation of multimillion dolllar studio contracts. And for peons like you or me and our 20-100 credit? they wouldn't expose themselves...

I would expect that they offered a refund just like Apple would do. In fact, I have received credits myself for this exact issue. When Disney pulled their titles I lost titles on Vudu And iTunes - both offered a credit as one would expect...

I would never cram anything down anyone's throat. But when you imply, others will infer, sorry if I was misguided in my inference...

Feb 14, 2016 6:16 PM in response to turingtest2

You can also store your purchases in your personal iCloud storage for access anywhere (as that's a personal storage and not beholden to studio agreements) so you don't have to haul the laptop/storage on trips. In the other hand there is a cost associated for the storage which would depend on how many movies/tv shows you want to have available while traveling...

Feb 14, 2016 6:30 PM in response to Protodd

Well, they did it. I still have the movies and music in question. I have received credits, yes, even with books containing small errors or with a purchase of a book I bought years ago. The publisher only allows so many installs on a device but customer service reset the book for me to be able to install it again on my device. Whether they breached the publishers contract, I have no idea. All I know is that if I purchase something I'd like to use that item. I do make backups of everything I purchase, learning my lesson several times in the past. I remember Apple several years ago bailing me out a few times on the same movie I bought. My computer had crashed twice and I had forgotten to back up the movie but customer service pushed the movie to me those two separate occasions and I thank them for that whole heartedly. Maybe their policy has changed since then and I understand that.

Yes, tt, I was thinking that as well, but my iPad has mostly music on it lol I love the interface with the music app and how it combines offline and online content so I make good use of it. I will say this, I haven't lost any music I don't think. All my purchases are indeed there. I still have quite a few movies to stream but some of them are missing, but they are indeed backed up. I'd have to take a tally of what's not in the cloud and then contact Apple to maybe have them see what they can do, or load the movie into the computer and see if that doesn't bring them out of limbo or something lol

Feb 14, 2016 6:34 PM in response to Protodd

i would actually love that option, Protodd, but I havent really looked into plans yet. I also checked out music match years ago, but it didn't work for me so Apple gave me a refund. I like the idea of all my music being backed up in the cloud and not a hard drive that can fail. I'll have to look into Apples iCloud option and music match (if it's working better now?) and then I'll be good with everything, unless servers crash and cloud accounts are accidentally deleted one day.

Feb 14, 2016 6:40 PM in response to aggressivility

That's what I would be afraid of. The access to the cloud being cutoff! Maybe I lose Internet access somehow (Zombie apocalypse?) gotta make sure I am able to watch the big lebowski!

The pricing is monthly and after the included 5gb here is the US pricing but i am not sure where your located.

50 GB: $0.99

200 GB: $2.99

1 TB: $9.99

iCloud storage pricing - Apple Support

All my movies are not showing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.