Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is my landlord spying on me?

My landlord seems to know everything I do on my IPad 2. Is it possible that he has used AirPort to somehow monitor my activity? When the Direct TV was installed in the house he told me that the installer needed my IPad in order to set up the service. It seemed strange to me, but not really understanding how it all works I handed over my IPad. Ever since that day I now have an AirPlay option displayed in my control center. I've also noticed that my tv is now somehow connecting to the Internet. Is something fishy going on?

ANY advice is greatly appreciated. I am not very tech savvy, and this guy is really into Apple products so I am at a disadvantage trying to discuss the set up with him. Please advise. Thank you for your time.

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 3, 2016 10:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 9:03 AM

When the Direct TV was installed in the house he told me that the installer needed my IPad in order to set up the service.

That should be your first clue. The Direct TV installer (or anyone else) does NOT need to use your iPad or any other of your personal computing devices in order to set up this type of service. They should be bringing in their own equipment to verify connectivity.

If your landlord is providing you with Internet service, either via a wired or wireless connection in your apartment, then he controls that service and CAN monitor any thing you do when connected to it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2016 9:03 AM in response to Hugopetty

When the Direct TV was installed in the house he told me that the installer needed my IPad in order to set up the service.

That should be your first clue. The Direct TV installer (or anyone else) does NOT need to use your iPad or any other of your personal computing devices in order to set up this type of service. They should be bringing in their own equipment to verify connectivity.

If your landlord is providing you with Internet service, either via a wired or wireless connection in your apartment, then he controls that service and CAN monitor any thing you do when connected to it.

Is my landlord spying on me?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.