Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

transferring itunes files from windows xp desktop to mac mini

i have an old windows desktop running xp that has about 100gb of music - I've since moved to mac mini and wanted to keep all my music on one computer(mac mini). can i copy the folders from that computer(windows xp) to the new mac mini? are the songs compatible? they should all be aac format….but initially converted from cd's to the windows xp computer. would I need to reformat anything? also how would it work with my iPod?do I have to erase and start over if i would then want to sync to the mac mini?

Also would want to transfer my photos from that computer into iPhoto - i'm guessing that should not be any issue - most photos i believe should be jpeg format

thanks to anyone who can assist

iPod classic

Posted on Feb 3, 2016 9:34 PM

1 reply

Feb 5, 2016 7:16 AM in response to Sniglit

See the user tip Make a split library portable. If the library is in the correct shape you can copy it to an external NTFS drive, connect the drive to your Mac, copy the entire ITunes folder into the user's Music folder and it should work. Alternatively copy the iTunes folder to some other path and option-start iTunes to connect to it. OS X cannot write to NTFS natively so you cannot leave the library on the original drive unless you purchase an NTFS write driver.

tt2

transferring itunes files from windows xp desktop to mac mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.