Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does LPX keep scanning and detecting and losing sync with audio interface in the process?

New system, Mac Pro, Motu 828x and 4k monitor (pro monitor with no speakers) and every five minutes the sync to the MOTU 828x gets lost and I get "Logic Pro X is scanning your system for audio devices, and has detected a device named “Display Port”.

As it happens, my monitor (the thing on Display Port 1) doesn't have speakers at all. Doesn't matter that it's Display Port. Could be Airplay or, evidently a dozen other things.

Question is, how to make it stop? That is, make LPX stop scanning for audio devices every 5 minutes.

Or will nothing make it stop? If NOTHING will make it stop, then one or more of these new components will need to go back.

Mac Pro (Late 2013)

Posted on Feb 3, 2016 10:57 PM

3 replies

Feb 8, 2016 2:24 PM in response to The Art Of Sound

Nothing like soundflower involved. Just cylinder, Motu 828x (usb'd) and the problematic Samsung 4k monitor in display port.

Only think I can figure is, 4k periodically tells the thunderbolt port that it was newly plugged in. Logic is scanning for newly plugged in stuff and asks, paraphrasing, "you just plugged this audio device in. do you want me to switch over to it?"

Feb 8, 2016 2:51 PM in response to mad bulk

Thats exactly what is likely happening...

OS X is detecting a new input and passes that on the Logic as it should...

I don't believe there is a way to prevent Logic from responding to these notifications... nor a way to stop OS X sending them...

Fixing the root cause would seem to be your best bet but as to how you would achieve that, is frankly beyond my pay grade....

However.. a version of the 'airplay' fix might work..

Open the Audio/Midi Device Setup program found in your utilities folder in Applications.

Go to Audio Setup window

Select Airplay in the list on the lefthand side.. click on the little cog icon and the bottom and choose the "Use this Device for sound output" option

Quit Audio/Midi Setup Program and reboot..

Now go back to the Audio/Midi Setup program select the built in output (or your Audio device attached) click on the cog icon at the bottom again,,, and choose the "Use this Device for sound output" option (Note: It may have already set itself back to this setting during reboot so if it has.. test and see if you get the issue again.

Now reboot again and all should be well.

Replacing Airplay with your display port input... if it shows there..

This fixed a similar issue for several people regarding airplay or another intermittently connecting audio input device (like Bluetooth) they were using.. and as far as i know still works today...

Why does LPX keep scanning and detecting and losing sync with audio interface in the process?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.