Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

160GB 6G Classic (Late 2009) Play/Pause button no longer working

My 160GB 6G Classic's Play-Pause button no longer works (takes several tries to get it to play). And when it does work, it takes several tries to pause the iPod. Other than that, the iPod works fine. The warranty is no longer valid. Other than trying to fix the problem myself by opening the iPod (and possibly damaging it), what can I do to try and fix it without having to replace the whole scroll wheel?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

iPod classic 160GB (Late 2009)

Posted on Feb 3, 2016 11:01 PM

1 reply

Feb 3, 2016 11:59 PM in response to StevieB2685

If you have not already, do a Reset (restart) of the iPod

Learn how to reset your iPod - Apple Support

If that does not help, you can also try doing a Restore on the iPod using iTunes, but this does not sound like a software-related problem.

Use iTunes on your Mac or PC to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

The current Apple EarPods with remote control buttons (on the cord) are compatible with your iPod classic model, according to this document

Compatibility of Apple wired headset models with iPhone, iPad, and iPod models - Apple Support

Third-party products with compatible remote control buttons should also work. You can use the remote control buttons to control your iPod's playback.

160GB 6G Classic (Late 2009) Play/Pause button no longer working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.