Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to use airplay to play music through my ipad but airplay only recognizes my airport express, not the network. Odd because other than airplay, the ipad is using the wifi network just fine. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Trying to use airplay to play music through my ipad (iOS 9.2.1) but airplay only recognizes my airport express, not the network. Odd because other than airplay, the ipad is using the wifi network just fine. Any suggestions? Thanks!

iPad, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 3, 2016 11:44 PM

1 reply

Feb 5, 2016 9:44 AM in response to sawayaka

Hi sawayaka,

Thank you for contributing to the Apple Support Communities.

In this circumstance, you can use AirPlay to stream music from your iPad to your AirPort Express (with speakers connected) or to another supported device. For more information, see Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream content from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

You can stream content to these devices:

For music: Apple TV, AirPort Express, or AirPlay-enabled speakers.

Best Regards.

Trying to use airplay to play music through my ipad but airplay only recognizes my airport express, not the network. Odd because other than airplay, the ipad is using the wifi network just fine. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.