Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem

My data transfer between , G5 and 27" Retina Display is stuck on a minute remaining for 12 hours, how do I fix this

iMac with Retina 5K display, New

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 12:19 AM

10 replies

Feb 6, 2016 10:30 AM in response to dialabrain

dialabrain wrote:

You do understand a G5 iMac was based on a PowerPC CPU and nothing on it will run on an Intel based machine?

JFTR: Although no PowerPC applications will run natively on his retina Mac, most PPC apps will run on an Intel based machine that is running Snow Leopard (or that has Snow Leopard running in virtualization, such as in Parallels).

Feb 6, 2016 10:41 AM in response to MlchaelLAX

MlchaelLAX wrote:

dialabrain wrote:

You do understand a G5 iMac was based on a PowerPC CPU and nothing on it will run on an Intel based machine?

JFTR: Although no PowerPC applications will run natively on his retina Mac, most PPC apps will run on an Intel based machine that is running Snow Leopard (or that has Snow Leopard running in virtualization, such as in Parallels).

Yes thanks, I'm aware. I have a OSX Snow Leopard guest running in VirtualBox.

Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.