Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I create a Playlist of shuffled albums?

Hi,

I know that I can set iTunes to play all my albums, or a selection of all my albums, in a shuffled order, album by album. That's fine when playing from iTunes on my iMac, but I want to have the same in the car. Unfortunately when I connect the iPod to the car the car's media controller takes over and I can't play shuffled albums. I used to be able to on my old car by connecting via the headphone jack rather than by USB. This way the iPods controls could still be used from the iPod. I don't have this type on connection on the new car.

The new car will let me select to play, a song, an album, an artist, a genre or a Playlist. It seems to me that the solution must be in Playlist selection. If I can create a shuffled by album playlist in iTunes, and sync it to the iPod, it should work as I want.

So, my question is, how do I create a Playlist in iTunes that is a selection of complete albums in a random order?

I imagine it must be possible through a Smart Playlist or with Automator or an Applescript, but that's beyond me. Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Ifor

I've asked a similar question to this in the iPod Classic area, but not got an answer to the question. The iTunes forum is probably a better bet.

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 12:44 AM

There are no replies.

How do I create a Playlist of shuffled albums?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.