Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't send SMS from iPad Pro - Bug?

I can't send an SMS from my iPad Pro - iMSG is fine, same procedure on my iPad Air is ok. When trying to activate my iPad pro in the to be accepted devices - the code is displayed on my iPad pro as expected - but after entering that code - the device is still shown asinactive - when doing same with my old iPad air, everything works fine, the entered code is accepted (and so the switch indicates ON).

Anybody having an iPad pro having tried to pair for SMS forwarding yet? (iOS 9.2.1 - iPhone 6 plus)

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, Cellular, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 3:18 AM

1 reply

Feb 5, 2016 12:36 PM in response to Tino.ZH

Hi Tino.ZH,

I see that you are running into some issues with sending SMS messages from your iPad Pro. This is a feature of Continuity, and it can be addressed using the steps in the following article:

Get help using Continuity with your iOS device or your Mac - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204678

Take care, and thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities.

Can't send SMS from iPad Pro - Bug?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.