Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri gone mad/dysfunctional after updating to ios 9.2.1

Much to my dismay, I finally gave in and updated my iPhone 4s to latest software; ios 9.2.1 as the reminder was non-stop. My fear came through as it does with each update, things go from bad to worse. To my horror, I asked Siri what is the weather like tomorrow, and it said: "ok, I will call Jane on her landline"! Then I asked another simple question like covert kg to miles , again it said: "Calling that number now"! And on the screen there was an overseas number I could not recognise, and it was dialling it! I never dial overseas with my phone. I asked for the third time another simple question just in case; I asked find a local restaurant near me, and to my horror it said "ok, Facetiming your mum now"! Can anyone pls advise what the solution is? To insult injury, my screen's wallpaper (a personal photo), has gone so large that half of the faces can no longer be seen. It does that with all other personal photos I attempt to use as a wallpaper. Though I can live with that, butnot with a mad Siri which could cost me calls I do not intend to make. Thank you.

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 1:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 12:40 AM

Try following these steps

Use Siri on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If Siri isn't available, or doesn't understand or respond to questions

After each step, see if you still need help:

1. Make sure that your iOS device has an Internet connection through Wi-Fi or cellular data.
  2. On your iOS device, make sure that Siri is turned on under Settings > General > Siri.
  3. Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  4. On your iOS device, go to Settings > General > Siri and turn off Siri. Then turn it on again.
  5. Make sure that the microphones on your device aren't blocked. For example, if your device has a protective case, remove it.
  6. If you're using an iOS device, try to use Siri with a headset. If Siri works, get more help with the microphones on your device.
  7. Contact Apple Support.

For your wallpaper issue, when setting the photo, try zooming out and disabling perspective zoom.

Change your iPhone wallpaper - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2016 12:40 AM in response to BumbleBee.

Try following these steps

Use Siri on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If Siri isn't available, or doesn't understand or respond to questions

After each step, see if you still need help:

1. Make sure that your iOS device has an Internet connection through Wi-Fi or cellular data.
  2. On your iOS device, make sure that Siri is turned on under Settings > General > Siri.
  3. Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  4. On your iOS device, go to Settings > General > Siri and turn off Siri. Then turn it on again.
  5. Make sure that the microphones on your device aren't blocked. For example, if your device has a protective case, remove it.
  6. If you're using an iOS device, try to use Siri with a headset. If Siri works, get more help with the microphones on your device.
  7. Contact Apple Support.

For your wallpaper issue, when setting the photo, try zooming out and disabling perspective zoom.

Change your iPhone wallpaper - Apple Support

Siri gone mad/dysfunctional after updating to ios 9.2.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.