Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Auto Audio Properties

I want to know If I want to export just audio from a video via compressor or from final cut pro using compressor plugins / settings.

In the audio properties it says channel, sample rate and sample size if I set this to automatic will it check the source audio and match it to that?

I know usually for film its stereo and 48khz and 16-bit just wanted to know if i set the settings to automatic will match the original or source audio of the video cuz then i can set it to automatic like if i have 24-bit file it will match then i don't have to make lots of droplets and custom settings for aiff audio

Thanks in advance 🙂

Looking forward to hear from the good apple community

Compressor, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 2:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2016 1:15 PM

If Compressor's settings are set to auto, it will output uncompressed audio with the same specs as you input. If you were to output a compressed format like MP3, the defaults would be different. You can see this in the Inspector.

Russ

1 reply

Auto Audio Properties

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.