Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've bought 1TB cloud storage. Now all my iPhoto albums have disappeared and I don't know where to find them I also can't find where to open iCloud!!!

I have bought 1TB cloud storage . Now all my iPhoto/Photos albums and events have disappeared and I don't know where to find them! I also don't know how to open my iCloud.

Rosalind

iMac, Mac OS X (10.0.x)

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 3:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 2:35 PM

Try going to iCloud.com, sign in, and see if they are there.

Sign into iCloud at System Preferences/iCloud.

11 replies

Feb 8, 2016 5:27 AM in response to Eric Root

Thanks Eric. I've been away for a few days.

MAC: I'm very confused!

1 When I get the iCloud window (very colourful) there are a number of icons in it - is this correct?

2 Among them are 2 called Photos and another called iCloud Drive. There are a few photos in the iCloud Drive and lots in Photos. What is the difference between these two and why the different number of photos in each?

3 Not all my photos are in the Photos folder. It contains lots of albums but most of them are empty. Why has iCloud not automatically uploaded all my photos?

IPAD: Also confusing! I have a iCloud Drive shortcut on my iPad "desktop" . It contains ONLY the few photos in the same iCloud Drive as my MAC. I cannot access any other photos in iCloud? I have set Preferences to automatically upload Photos to iCloud!

I appreciate your help

Rosalind

Feb 8, 2016 5:58 AM in response to turnerlolly

You are welcome.

1. What I see at iCloud.com. Yours should be the same I think.

User uploaded file

2. I only see one Photos. The pictures in the Photos icon are uploaded by the Photos program on your computer/device. I'm not sure how the pictures got in iCloud Drive, but normally they would have been saved/copied there. The pictures in the Photos application and the pictures in iCloud Drive aren't linked to each other.

3. Sometimes the sync process gets slowed down/stops..

Try Settings/iCloud and slide off syncing. Wait a few minutes and then resync.

Try going to System Preferences/iCloud and stop syncing. Wait a couple of minutes, then recheck syncing.

Have you tried signing out of iCloud and then sign back in?

You should have a Photos app on your iPad which will let you see the pictures in the cloud that are in Photos. Check Settings/iCloud to make sure the sync is switched on.

I've bought 1TB cloud storage. Now all my iPhoto albums have disappeared and I don't know where to find them I also can't find where to open iCloud!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.