Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't download Itunes with windows 10

Hi everyone...

I had my Itunes installed in my computer with windows 7 and it was working perfectly... I bought recently an Iphone 6s+ but Itunes does not recognize it until I upload the lastest version of Itunes. I called apple and they said I needed to upgrade windows 7 to windows 10. I did it and I've been trying to upgrade it but with not luck... Every time I try this message appears "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support perssonel or package vendor."...

I have done everything... even I uninstall Itunes and try to install again but nothing..

Any idea how could I fix this problem...

Thanks.

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 4:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply
3 replies

Feb 6, 2016 6:46 PM in response to caritofromalice springs

Try repairing Apple Software Update from the Programs and Features control panel, then reinstall iTunes.

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try the iTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with QuickTime or third party software.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Feb 8, 2016 12:17 PM in response to caritofromalice springs

Hey!!! I have been going crazy about this too for the last couple of days, trying to install anything possible and close to giving up, until I found the best explanation in the following link: http://www.redmondpie.com/itunes-wont-install-on-windows-10-heres-how-to-fix-it/

As simple as click the windows icon, go to settings, system, about, and the check if your system type is 32 or 64 bit. After that, click the right link and all done. Worked like a charm for me! Hop it helps!!

I can't download Itunes with windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.