Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon Pixma5220 and WIFI

My Canon PIxma 5220 has been set up for WI fi for several years. I just printed off of it from my MAC yesterday. Now- it will only print connected to my MAcBook. I try wireless and it says printer is not connected. I tried going thru setup on the Canon again and no luck. SO I need a new printer?

MacBook, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 6:07 AM

5 replies

Feb 4, 2016 8:04 AM in response to carolsh

Turn OFF:

1. wi-fi router for at least 30 seconds
  2. your printer for longer than the the router

Shut down your Mac

Turn ON:

1. wi-fi router - let it cycle up completely
  2. your printer - let it "do what it does" until it is "settled"

StartUp your Mac

TEST Print AirPrint

let us know the results

Connect an AirPrint printer to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

OS X Yosemite: Printing troubleshooting

Feb 4, 2016 8:07 AM in response to ChitlinsCC

We have uverse for everything and the router is working fine. Plus, on our other wifi printer an Epson is connecting fine to another macbook wirelessly. We went thru an entire reset on printer with wifi name and password but still will not connect. Works fine when plugged in. Weird

Just do not want to shut router down and foul our entire system- phone, tv computers. I shut the printer down and laptop and restarted. Still nothing. Maybe it is just tired!!!

Feb 4, 2016 9:14 AM in response to carolsh

What you are trying to do is simply make all the components "re-establish" communications. Resetting the router and printer should not do anything but merely make them "ask & answer" anew. Same with your Mac(s), router & printer - I assume that you shut down and/or restart them on occasion - they should just 'do what they normally do' = talk to one another

I guess I am saying your fears of messing up other working connections is unfounded

You could remove the printer from your problem Mac and add it back afresh, but I think making them re-establish comms should do the trick.

Canon Pixma5220 and WIFI

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.