Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

compressor

User uploaded fileHi,

I have been trying to transcode 2k and 4k clips from the DJI Oslo but it was taking forever.

So I deleted the old copy of Compressor and downloaded a fresh copy from AppStore no now after 3 attempts the job failed.

Can someone please help me figure this out?

Thanks in advance,

Z

Mac Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1), 8 CORE/24GB RAM/4TB HD/Dual Monitor

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 5:35 AM

18 replies

Feb 4, 2016 6:04 AM in response to Capt Jack

Please open the file in QuickTome Player and post another screenshot of what the Inspector reports. I have not worked with files from this camera.

The 3X Crash Service error just means that the transcoding failed…which you knew already. Possibly a conflict with a plug-in…possibly there is something about the media.

Russ

Feb 4, 2016 6:23 AM in response to Capt Jack

My guess is that it's the codec . You could try trashing the Compressor folder, which is found in the Home Library in Application Support. If you do that, it should be done with the application closed. If you have any custom settings, first open the Compressor folder and drag the Settings sub folder to your Desktop to preserve them. When you re-launch Compressor it will rebuild the folder and sub folders, and you can replace Settings.

If that does not work, you could upload a very short test clip to a file sharing service like Dropbox and I (and/or others) could download it to see whether Compressor can work with it on our system.

Russ

Feb 4, 2016 8:16 AM in response to Capt Jack

Thanks for the link.

I also could not successfully transcode the file in Compressor – although it did not crash. Nor could MPEG Streamclip. Both applications did output files, but not even VLC would open them.

So that's the bad news, and I can't explain what it is about the file that the applications don't like – only that there is something about the format that results in a corrupted output file.

There is some good news, however. EditReady was able to convert the files. (I only tested one transcode setting: Pro Res 422.) EditReady has a much more limited feature set than Compressor, but it is fast and used by a number of users on the Pro Apps ASC boards. It is available here. Isuggest you try the trial version first to see whether it will do what you need it to do,

Good luck.

Russ

compressor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.