Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I skip back 5/30 seconds in itunes?

Hi,

Sorry if this is dumb question, but is there an easy way to skip back on a podcast in iTunes on Mac?

I am taking notes on a Podcast and if you want to go back you have to use the little time/slide bar, which is pretty inaccurate.

Skipping back, like you can do on the iPhone Podcast App, would be much easier!

Thanks

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 6:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 8:52 AM

You can click-hold on the Previous button. It goes back in increments (starting at about 5 seconds), which increases as you continue to hold down the click, until you release. You can also do this action with the Next button (to "fast forward").

6 replies

Jun 22, 2017 12:50 PM in response to patricosandez

I have the same problem, but with iPad video. I watch lectures at the gym and want to skip back 30 seconds. There seems to be no way to do that in Apple's video program. (I can do it in some other programs where I'm not using iTunes video.) This seems so elementary-swipe left to go back, swipe right to fast forward, swipe up to increase volume, etc. Am I missing something here?

How do I skip back 5/30 seconds in itunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.