Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop my iTouch (old) screen from rotating?

How do I stop the screen of my first generation iTouch from rotating?

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 6:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 2:21 PM

Hi lwryan,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! I'm sorry to hear you are having this issue with your iPod. I'm unclear if we are thinking of the same iPod (the iPod Touch 1st Gen was discontinued almost 8 years ago, and hasn't been updated since the pre-iOS iPhone OS 3.1.3), but if you have an iPod Touch that runs one of the more recent versions of iOS, you should be able to control the screen rotation from the Orientation Lock option on the Control Center, as noted here:

User uploaded file
Portrait Orientation Lock: Keep your screen from rotating when you move it.

Use Control Center on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Regards

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2016 2:21 PM in response to lwryan

Hi lwryan,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! I'm sorry to hear you are having this issue with your iPod. I'm unclear if we are thinking of the same iPod (the iPod Touch 1st Gen was discontinued almost 8 years ago, and hasn't been updated since the pre-iOS iPhone OS 3.1.3), but if you have an iPod Touch that runs one of the more recent versions of iOS, you should be able to control the screen rotation from the Orientation Lock option on the Control Center, as noted here:

User uploaded file
Portrait Orientation Lock: Keep your screen from rotating when you move it.

Use Control Center on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Regards

How do I stop my iTouch (old) screen from rotating?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.