Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Folks,

My messages on my Mac are stuck in July 2015. When I get messages, they show up in the notifier but then disappear in Messages. I have done everything I know how to fix this but no luck. Clearly the sync is not working properly. Any help?

Thanks,

Nima

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 7:49 AM

4 replies

Feb 4, 2016 8:31 AM in response to Ingo2711

I do not see Messages/Settings. I see Messages/Preferences and yes I tried logging out and in several times on my phone and mac. No luck. All messages end in mid July 2015. I get the notification that I received a message. When I click it, it usually disappears. Occasionally it stays but then when I close Messages and reopen, then they are gone and only messages from July 2015 remain.

Thanks for your help.

Feb 4, 2016 12:04 PM in response to Nima Zahadat

Sorry, I mixed that up, Preferences is correct, Settings is the term on the iPhone 🙂

Just to make sure, the Apple ID is the same for each device, but the Mac has a mail address selected under send/receive at and the phone number is selected on the iPhone under Settings/Messages/Send & Receive at.

What happens if you use another mail address on the Mac?

I just checked iMessage on my Mac, I recognized that my conversations only remained on the Mac if I responded form my MacBookPro. Conversations I did write on my iPhone were not mirrored to the account on the Mac. For example, from one of my contacts, I still have one message from 2 years ago, just because this one response had been written on the Mac, not on the phone. the rest had been held on the phone and thus is not present on the Mac.

Also, I do not have continuity, since I'm still on OSX 10.9.5

Can you send an iMessage from your Mac to your iPhone and the other way? If yes, do they show up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.