Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Export an image from com.apple.Photos programmatically

Is there still a way to export a full size image on OS X with the help of a plugin or something like else?

If a user edited an image in Photos the original image and the Data (describing the changes of the user on the original image) are stored inside the “Photos Library“ package.

Now I would like to export the manipulated image automatically by a plugin or something like else.

Of cause I could just copy the generated JPEG image which is also stored inside the “Photos Library“, but in case the original image is a tiff or png the quality of the stored jpeg is worse than the exported image (for example the resolution is reduced to 360dpi).

My question: Is there already an API / SDK supports exporting images programmatically or do we (as developer) have no possibility to do so?

Kind regards

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3), null

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 8:05 AM

3 replies

Feb 5, 2016 12:42 AM in response to etresoft

Dear etresoft,

thanks for your reply.

How should I handle a media control, if no API is available? Only Photos knows how to apply the changes of the user to the original image. Without these knowledge the result image will not be exported like expected?!?

Does there exist any samples or references how to build such an AppleScript? Also by using an AppbleScript I have to call methods or functions to apply these changes ...

Export an image from com.apple.Photos programmatically

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.