Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Restore Notes from Time Machine Backup? Yosemite 10.10.5

Yosemite 10.10.5

Hi,

When I started my computer up this morning all my Notes are missing except for one. I am trying to restore the notes from a recent Time Machine backup and I do not have an iCloud backup, only Time Machine. So if anyone can tell me how to restore my notes from Time Machine that would be great!

I have read several answers to this question on the support communities which tell you to go to Users/YOURUSERNAME/Library/Containers/com.apple.Notes/Data/Library/Noteswhich I am able to do on my hard drive. But when I access my time machine backup there is no LIBRARY anywhere under the User area or User/MYUSERNAME area of the time machine backup the only place I can find LIBRARY is under Macintosh HD/Library but when I go into that Library I cannot find the Container Folder it is missing from that list. The folders that show up are Components, Compositions then Contextual Menu Item etc.

Thanks.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), null

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 9:01 AM

2 replies

Aug 11, 2018 1:03 AM in response to Eric Root

Thanks for the info, for some reason running chflags nohidden ~/Library/ in the terminal did not produce any results, restarted the computer and tried it again but no results. I ended up taking with Apple tech support and solved the problem without accessing my Time Machine Backup, turns out that my Notes were linked to my AOL account and when I reinstalled the AOL iMap in Apple Mail when trying to solve an Apple Mail issue I did not activate the AOL Notes Link. So problem is solved.

Thanks for your response though.

How to Restore Notes from Time Machine Backup? Yosemite 10.10.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.