Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store error code

Every time that I try to download an app on the Mac App Store, for some reason someone has previously already downloaded an app on my MacBook Air. Therefore I have to delete the previous Apple ID already signed in and type mine in along with my password. When i press "Sign in," I get a banner that says "Unknown Error" with a button that says, "Sign in." Once I press "Sign in," it says, "We could not complete your request, there was an error with the App Store, please try again later (4)

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4), I need help on what to do about it!

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 10:56 AM

5 replies

Feb 4, 2016 11:26 AM in response to Scouter10

Is this a 2nd hand Mac?

If so;

Preparing a 2nd Hand Mac for use -

You need to erase the HDD, reinstall the version of OS X that shipped from the factory on the Mac and then set it up as new with your own Apple ID.

User Linc Davis explains how a new owner can prepare a 2nd hand Mac for their own use.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6087156?answerId=25468326022#25468326022

Late 2012 Mac mini, OS X El Capitan 10.11.2; Apple Watch, 38 mm silver AL, Watch OS 2.1; iPad Air 2 & iPhone 6+, iOS 9.2

Feb 23, 2016 11:59 AM in response to Scouter10

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileThank you to everyone who helped me with this problem! I have figured it out!

If anyone comes across with this same problem and sees this please follow these simple steps: (this is for incase another Apple ID has singed into your Mac App Store account.) * ()= steps. Ex: >(2) this is step two.

Step one- Open the Mac App Store> (2) go to the toolbar and click on "Store" > (3) go to the bottom and click "Sign out" > (4) click again on the toolbar at the top and click on "Store" > (5) go to the bottom and click on "Sign in" > (6) type in your Apple iD and password.

Step 1:

App Store error code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.