Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Making downloading easy for listeners

I want to make consuming my show easy for my listeners, most of whom are not tech savvy in any way.I have listeners who don't know how to have multiple tabs open in a browser. That's how unsophisticated they are.

My hosting provider, Libsyn, provides a specific "downloadable link" for each episode. Am I right with thinking that it really doesn't matter whether the listener downloads the episode on iTunes or on the show's website, it still counts as a download.

I know I shouldn't obsess about those things but I do :-)

Thanks.

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 10:10 AM

1 reply

Feb 4, 2016 10:16 AM in response to winniefromlinwood

Yes, either way it comes to the same thing. The advantage of iTunes is that it's seamless. You give the iTunes Store page to your fans, with instructions to click the 'View in iTunes' link and then the 'Subscribe' link, and then new episodes will download automatically to iTunes as soon as they are released. The other way, links from your website, works perfectly well though people will have to visit the site periodically to see whether there are new episodes.

I assume the Libsyn link is a forced download (otherwise the file will simply play in the browser) and of course if that is the case they will have to play it in something.

But as I say, either way it's a download (even if the file plays in the browser it's still a download) and if you are running server logs these will show a download in each case - iTunes, play in a browser or download to the computer.

Making downloading easy for listeners

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.