Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any way to know if someone is tracking me on find my iPhone

Is there any way to know if some one has been using my iTunes username and password to find out where I am using the find my iPhone app?

like is there any way to receive a notification every time some one does or may somewhere in the settings that i can got to?

changing my password is not an option

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 10:24 AM

24 replies

Feb 4, 2016 1:23 PM in response to anypats

anypats wrote:

Meg St._Clair wrote:

If it's your parents who are tracking you and you're under the age of majority and they paid for the cell phone and the service, I'd guess they probably have a right to keep tabs on where you are, too.

This was my first thought too.

After all, that's what Find My Friends is for. Find My iPhone is for tracking lost phones, not people.

Feb 4, 2016 10:36 AM in response to salomon1220

Even if Apple does track when and where someone logs into your account, they will not release that information unless requested by the proper authorities. If you think something illegal is happening, you would have to contact your local authorities and they may be able to request log in information.

Changing you password is the best and only real solution here. Why is it not an option? It is the only sure way to know nobody else is using your account.

You could also deauthorize all devices that are authorized with your Apple ID but you would have to reauthorize each of your devices again to get your Apple ID to work on them. But this would only help until someone logs into your account again.

Feb 4, 2016 10:37 AM in response to salomon1220

salomon1220 wrote:

Is there any way to know if some one has been using my iTunes username and password to find out where I am using the find my iPhone app?

like is there any way to receive a notification every time some one does or may somewhere in the settings that i can got to?

You get notified via email when you sign into icloud on a web browser and when you use find my iphone.

What make you think someone is tracking you?

Why would you not want to change your password?

Does someone other than you know your apple id and password?

Feb 4, 2016 10:41 AM in response to salomon1220

salomon1220 wrote:

If it's your parents who are tracking you and you're under the age of majority and they paid for the cell phone and the service, I'd guess they probably have a right to keep tabs on where you are, too.

Feb 4, 2016 10:42 AM in response to razmee209

whenever i used find my findmyiPhone on someone else's phone or my computer I would receive an email notification telling me that my iTunes username and password had been used to access find my iPhone but i don't receive those emails anymore so i just wanted to know if there was a way to turn that feature on again. I don't want to change my password because my parents and gf have my iTunes info. I would just like know when they're using it know where i am.

Feb 4, 2016 10:47 AM in response to salomon1220

salomon1220 wrote:

.I don't want to change my password because my parents and gf have my iTunes info. I would just like know when they're using it know where i am.

Get your own Apple ID, separate from your parents and friends. If you want people to be able to tell where you are, use the Find My Friends app. This gives you much more control over when people can track you.

Feb 4, 2016 11:47 AM in response to salomon1220

You can't see who is tracking you but you can see if someone has used Find My iPhone in the last 24 hours. If you go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services - if there is an arrow by Find My iPhone then someone has logged in to track you currently, or has in the last 24 hours.

Also, if you, or someone, log in via iCloud.com using your Apple ID then normally you receive an email saying someone has logged in.

Is there any way to know if someone is tracking me on find my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.