Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i deleted majority of my pictures from my phone but when i connect it to iTunes it still shows on the memory bar

i deleted majority of my pictures from my phone but when i connect it to iTunes it still shows on the memory bar and it shows that i have no memory left

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 10:38 AM

9 replies

Feb 4, 2016 12:05 PM in response to subranch

Unplug the iPhone and do a hard reset. (if it's not unplugged from iTunes, you could inadvertently put the device in Recovery mode...no good)

Press and hold the home button and the power button for about 7 seconds until the iPhone turns off, then press the power to turn it back on.

Once it's booted back up, plug it in again.

Feb 5, 2016 7:47 AM in response to subranch

Does this match what iTunes says you have? If it does, try deleting something from the iPhone and see if both areas change.

Also, when I said to hard reset the iPhone, note that there is a difference between holding down the power and swiping the device off, and holding the buttons until it forces the iPhone off. The latter is what I think might help

Feb 5, 2016 10:50 AM in response to subranch

Here's a thought, your iPhone will keep "Recently Deleted" pictures in your camera roll...Open the Photos app > Tap Albums > Scroll to the bottom and tap Recently Deleted > Tap Select > Delete All

If that doesn't help, then it sounds like you may need to restore the device. If you have already synced the iPhone then there should be a backup on the computer. You can always check in iTunes > Preferences > Devices. (Will be a little different on Windows version)

Then you'll want to follow this article. I would recommend restoring from an iTunes backup as opposed to an iCloud backup

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

i deleted majority of my pictures from my phone but when i connect it to iTunes it still shows on the memory bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.