Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Thunderbolt Device Problem

Hi there!

A few days ago i received an audio processor, the UAD 2 Satellite Thunderbolt Octo processor from Universal Audio. I have an IMac mid 2011 with OSX Mountain Lion. In the compatibility specifications of the device says that it is compatible with OSX 10.8.5 but a "No Devices Found" after install their software appears. In the System Information of my IMac the device is recognized by the computer but their software is not being able to see it. I followed all the steps and instructions, contacted their customer support and can't find a solution.

Yesterdasy i went to a friend's house installed the system in a Mac Book Pro with Yosemite OSX and it worked without problem. So the device and thunderbolt cable is ok. Reading in forums i realized that is not the OSX the issue, because another guy who had the same problem like me installed the system in a another computer with Mountain Lion without problems.

The Universal Audio support gave me some instruction that didn't fix the issue (SMC Reset, NVRAM Reset, Disk Permission Repair, Disable Target Display Mode, Create a New User Account).

Can be that Thunderbolt Bus Firmware Version the problem? I have 22,1 and my friend 23,4. Or is a software problem.

Here is the system information of my friend's computer

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Here is the system information of my computer

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Their software installer is the version 8.4.1 which is theoretically compatible with OSX 10.8.5.

I hope that some genius guy here have a solution because i don't known what to do.

Thanks everybody!

Diego.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), Mid 2011

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 10:11 AM

3 replies

Feb 4, 2016 1:22 PM in response to Ordoks

You should have a backup on an external drive. Use it to try out El Capitan.

It makes more sense than trying to resolve an issue with a 4 year old version of OS X.

Also, you're not going to get too many responses by posting your issue to the Thunderbolt Display forum area, as your issue has nothing to do with them.

Thunderbolt Device Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.