Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old iPhoto update, dated 3/19/15, appeared with last OS X update, 10.11.3

The old iPhoto update won't go away. Has anyone else had this happen? It tries to update 3-4 times a day, with an error message every time.

When I do a spotlight search then switch to a finder window, the search yields hundreds of related iPhoto files like, .ipmeta, .jpg, & Time Capsule libraries and many more. The applications section has two iPhoto files, at least I think they're files but they are marked by a circle with line a through it. As far as I can see, iPhoto is not on my Mac. Clicking on the libraries creates a pop up to appear, saying, "Nothing to import" from the currant Photos program. While searching online for a solution, two peculiarities stand out. One, is that I noticed that the directions in the links I've read, always say, "go to purchases" on the App Store to download iPhoto program. My App Store tab says "Purchased" not "Purchases". The second peculiarity, the iPhoto program action button under "Purchased" says "Update" rather than "Download". I'm pretty sure my App Store is wrong. Like I said though, if I try to download the program in my menu called "Purchased", it fails to finish downloading. I know there has to be a solution to this, a bad setting or is there an app store program problem on my Mac. Maybe an App Store update! I don't want to restore the OS!. I can't help but think that the peculiarities in my App Store, "Purchased" vs "Purchases" and the action button saying, "Update" vs "Download", could be a clue to solving the problem. I never liked iPhoto much anyway!

Thanks. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

OS X El Capitan (10.11.3), Macbook Pro late 2012

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 11:46 AM

There are no replies.

Old iPhoto update, dated 3/19/15, appeared with last OS X update, 10.11.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.