Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 9.2.1/iphone6: intermittently can't hear receiver on placed phone calls; rebooting fixes it

What happens is: I make a phone call, and it appears to be dialing, since the call timer begins. If I let it continue, although I hear nothing, receivers of my calls will be able to pick up and hear me, but I can't hear them. If I reboot the phone, the problem is fixed for a while. Same result whether I use speakerphone or not.

At first I thought the problem was specific to Facetime; and that is, not actual Facetime calls being placed to Facetime call able receivers - but even placing 'regular' carrier calls from within Facetime (which you can do). Why would you do that? I guess because Facetime accesses your contacts such that if a contact can't receive Facetime calls, you are still given the option to make a regular call. So I do. : )

However, I think the problem still happens periodically even if I just access the regular Phone app. Will try to observe whether this is the case in the future.

Suggestions? There's no new OS update to update to. Soft reset of phone vs. regular shutting down makes no difference, they both remedy the problem for a while.

Thanks!

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 10:38 AM

There are no replies.

IOS 9.2.1/iphone6: intermittently can't hear receiver on placed phone calls; rebooting fixes it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.