Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restoring backup

Yesterday I went to the Apple store to get my iPhone fixed. They determined that it needed to be replace because of hardware problems (which I still needed to pay for) and that I should backup my phone. I backed it up on my iTunes, it took a good hour. Now, today, I'm trying to restore my phone and it wont allow me to restore it because it says my passwords wrong. The same password I used yesterday at the Apple store, that worked! So i go into iCloud and my passwords fine. I go to Apple Inc. use my Apple ID and current password and it worked! I even signout and sign back in to iTunes and it worked, but at the restore button my password does not work. Determined I decide lets log out of everything and try reseting the password. After going through the process it still will not allow be to restore my iPhone. Please Help!! I've had no phone for two days, its frustrating, and limiting my ability to connect to my job.

Thanks

Angela

iPhone 6

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 10:48 AM

1 reply

Feb 4, 2016 10:54 AM in response to angelafromriverview

What is the exact message you are seeing when it is asking for the password? At what point in the Restore process are you getting it?

Sounds like the backup may be encrypted, and if that is the case, then your Apple ID password would not be the one it is looking for. If you do not know the encrypted password, you would just have to try every password you can think of to see if you can figure it out, including 1234. You can try as many times as you want - it won't lock you out (if it is the Encryption password that it is asking for).

Did you have automatic iCloud backups set up by any chance? If you did, you can restore from the iCloud backup instead over Wifi.

Cheers,

GB

Restoring backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.