Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime Issues MBA

Hello,

I'm having many different problems with FaceTime on my laptop. For example:

• If contacts attempt to call me they will only show up on my iPhone6 (never on my macbook)
  • If I attempt call people on my laptop, it often (but not always) will say Contacts unavailable and give me the option to cancel or call back. When I hit cancel, FaceTime Will just continue to ring, even though it's not an active call. The only way I can resolve this is by quitting FaceTime.

Additional Information:

• I do not have any issues on my iOS device and FaceTime.
  • I have a logged out of FaceTime and iMessages on my laptop. This does not help.
  • I have all the latest upgrades.
  • This was never a problem before I upgraded to 10.11.3 (15D21)
  • FaceTime is connected to my phone # and apple ID email.
  • I've searched many discussion forums for help but to no success.

A few of my Specifications:

• MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2011)
  • 1.8 GHz Intel Core i7
  • 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Thank you for your time. This is frustrating!

M.

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2011), OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 11:08 AM

11 replies

Feb 7, 2016 2:28 PM in response to ckuan

Thanks again ckuan. Unfortunately I do not live in a city that has an Apple Store and/or a Genius Bar. I'll keep scouring the net to find out why every time I call someone through FaceTime on my MacBook Air it:

1. Says they are not available (when they are available - it will connect when on same account iPhone)

Then continues to ring non stop even after I hit the CANCEL button (see fig. below). The only way it will stop this is to quit FaceTime.

2. and finally, why do FaceTime calls on my MacBook never pop up. They always only pop up on my iPhone. Can't I answer them on my mac!? Grr.

User uploaded file

FaceTime Issues MBA

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.