Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm trying to select various images (shapes) but I didn't find a selection tool. This selection tool transform the mouse cursor in a arrow and is possible to select various images or figures. I'm using Microsoft Excel for Mac 2011 Version 14.5.3.

I'm trying to select various images (shapes) but I didn't find a selection tool. This selection tool transform the mouse cursor in a arrow and is possible to select various images or figures. I'm using Microsoft Excel for Mac 2011 Version 14.5.3. Thanks!

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 11:11 AM

5 replies

Feb 5, 2016 8:36 AM in response to tupensi

You won't see that option from the Excel tool bar.

Open up a blank Excel sheet.

Drag a picture from your Pictures folder into the sheet.

You can then move that image around your worksheet, note how the cursor changes to an arrow with the four smaller arrows to show you can shift it. Do a right click and you should see options to change properties of the image. You can also select Format Picture from Ribbon and see options, assuming you have selected the image first.

User uploaded file

FYI, the current release of MS Office 2011 is 14.6.0

Feb 5, 2016 11:08 AM in response to tupensi

For whatever inscrutable reason, the Select Objects tool was left out of Excel 2011. As a workaround, feel free to download this Excel template. It has no content except a toolbar that has the Select Objects tool on it. Open this file before you have serious shape-editing to do, then click on the icon to select multiple shapes: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=632339FD1E381DE3!356&authkey=!ANFT76xYqdHB 9t0&ithint=file%2cxltx

I'm trying to select various images (shapes) but I didn't find a selection tool. This selection tool transform the mouse cursor in a arrow and is possible to select various images or figures. I'm using Microsoft Excel for Mac 2011 Version 14.5.3.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.