Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t download additional components needed to install OS X

Hi guys,

I would like to sell my MBA 2014 but i have a problem now with reinstalling the OS X Mavericks. This is what i did and tried:

- Factory reset via disk utility

- Started my MBA via Internet Recovery

- Try to reinstall OS X and then stops downloading after a few minutes, every time.

I get the following message: "Can’t download additional components needed to install OS X"

After that the download stopped, unfortunately. I saw the same problem on this discussions forum, but it didn't helped for me: Can't download the additional components needed to install OS X.

Please could you help me solve this problem.

Bryan

MacBook Air

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 11:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 8:39 PM

Is Maverick what you are running? When trying to set it up for resale you erase the hard drive, thru the recovery partition,using disk utilitiy, and then use the reinstall. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201065

8 replies

Feb 5, 2016 9:54 AM in response to BryanBerendsen

When using Command R or Command Option R,what is your internet connection. Wifi or ethernet? https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201314 This seems to prefer WIFI over ethernet. And WPA2 . When in recovery thru Command R, you have a help option that opens safari in recovery. You can check the internet connection by doing that. If you have a problem not connecting or lagging,that could be the problem. Also, Did you erase the full drive or just the indented volume?

Feb 5, 2016 11:12 AM in response to BryanBerendsen

Did your machine come with Mavericks installed?

If not, you cannot sell it with mavericks. Any OS or app obtained at the app store is NOT transferable and its license is tied to your Apple ID and password, which will present major problems to any buyer. You will need to reinstall the original OS before the sale.

If it was the original OS, then you need to use Command + Option + R (internet recovery) to erase your drive and reinstall.

Can’t download additional components needed to install OS X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.