Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I transfer content from ipod classic to ipod shuffle?

My ipod classic is not working well (won't hold a charge and skips songs) so replaced it with an ipod shuffle. Problem is that I loaded most of the content from CDs to an old computer, to which I still have access. My iTunes account on my new computer does not include imported content; only recently purchased content. How do I get all the content (imported, old and new purchases) in one place so that I can sync new shuffle, multiple iphones and even the ipod classic (can't let it go)? Do I have to reload all those CDs? Thank you in advance for assistance.

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 12:25 PM

3 replies

Feb 5, 2016 4:00 PM in response to emckain

Since you have access to the old computer, with its iTunes library intact, transfer the complete iTunes folder from the old computer to the new computer. You can use this procedure to backup your iTunes folder to an external drive

Back up your iTunes library by copying it to an external drive - Apple Support

To summarize, the first step is to "consolidate" all of your iTunes media files so that they are in the iTunes Media folder in the iTunes folder. The second step is to copy that iTunes folder to an external drive. The third step is to "restore" that backed up iTunes folder on your new computer, to replace its existing iTunes folder. Since the new computer's iTunes folder has new content (that's not in the old computer's iTunes folder), with iTunes not running, move it to a different location and put the iTunes folder from the old computer in its place. When you run iTunes, it uses that iTunes folder from old computer. Then, add the new content from the other iTunes folder (that you moved), OR if all the new content is from the iTunes Store, you can just download it again from iTunes Store Purchased screen.

Download your past purchases - Apple Support

NOTE: If you know how to set up file sharing between the two computer, you can transfer the iTunes folder directly, instead of using an external drive. Depending on network speed, using an external drive may be faster.

How do I transfer content from ipod classic to ipod shuffle?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.