Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I have all my iTunes on my new phone (6s) ?

Help!! Why won't all my music transfer from my iPhone 5s to my new 6s? 77 albums and over 600 songs on my 5s, 35 albums on my new 6s?? The strange thing is some albums and songs that were not purchased through iTunes have showed up on my new phone and some iTunes purchases have not ?? Help!!

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 12:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 7:40 PM

The most likely cause of this problem is that the songs haven't been downloaded or transferred into iTunes from your 5S.

I would plug in your 5S and then click sync; if it asks if you want to transfer purchases, click yes.

Now when you plug in your 6S, all of the content should be iTunes, and all you have to do is sync again. (This is all assuming that the sync settings are the same between the 5S and 6S) What I mean is, if you told iTunes to add 77 albums to the 5S, but then changed the settings to only upload 35 albums, it will only add 35 albums to the new iPhone.

When you plugged in the iPhone 6S, did you restore from an iPhone 5S backup? If you did, the devices should mirror each other as long as you have a current backup and are not using and old one as your point of restoration.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2016 7:40 PM in response to jtaxeman63

The most likely cause of this problem is that the songs haven't been downloaded or transferred into iTunes from your 5S.

I would plug in your 5S and then click sync; if it asks if you want to transfer purchases, click yes.

Now when you plug in your 6S, all of the content should be iTunes, and all you have to do is sync again. (This is all assuming that the sync settings are the same between the 5S and 6S) What I mean is, if you told iTunes to add 77 albums to the 5S, but then changed the settings to only upload 35 albums, it will only add 35 albums to the new iPhone.

When you plugged in the iPhone 6S, did you restore from an iPhone 5S backup? If you did, the devices should mirror each other as long as you have a current backup and are not using and old one as your point of restoration.

Feb 5, 2016 9:56 AM in response to jtaxeman63

Yeah that's not so bad!

As far as your music goes, if they are song purchased through iTunes, you can redownload them free of charge.

If your old iPhone has all of your songs you can get them into iCloud using iTunes Match. iTunes Match looks at your music library and uploads all songs not purchased through iTunes into iCloud. This makes your entire library accessible from any of your devices, assuming they are all logged into the same Apple ID. I have not used it personally but according to Apple's website you can enable iTunes Match from your iOS device.

The only other way to retrieve your music is to buy third party software that will transfer music from an iPhone to a computer.

http://www.apple.com/itunes/itunes-match/

Best of luck

Oct 31, 2016 1:16 PM in response to danpredan

Music purchased through the iTunes Store is "always" available to redownload. I put quotes around the word "always" because if Apple ever decides to remove songs from iTunes, they would not be available to download.

In iTunes for macOS, simply click Store > Purchased, and it will bring up Music/Movies/Apps etc... that you have purchased in the past and are available to download.

If you are talking about music you physically purchased, such as a CD, there is no way to redownload it from Apple UNLESS you had iTunes Match enabled when you had the phone. I doubt you would if the phone is older. You would have to put the music onto a computer with iTunes and then sync it to your phone, or buy the songs through iTunes.

Why can't I have all my iTunes on my new phone (6s) ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.