Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Burned DVD will no longer play

DVD's that I burned on iphoto and recently worked have stopped playing on either mac or separate DVD player. The built-in DVD player shows message that "no support disc is available." The separate DVD player shows nothing. The content is still there as "disc utility" indicates . I am sometimes automatically directed to iphoto with the note, "Checking for up-dates". Sometimes an icon will appear on the desk top which I am able to open showing the content of the disc.

Larry suggested that the DVD is no longer good but it is strange that the discs were recently made and recently played and the content will appear on my computer in iphoto or finder.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 12:52 PM

7 replies

Feb 6, 2016 5:43 PM in response to Richardfromon

Those were backups of the library at that time and should look like this when the disk is opened in the Finder.

User uploaded file

The library should show up in the sidebar of iPhoto like this in iPhoto 9.4.3 and earlier:

User uploaded file

If you have a newer version of iPhoto you'll need to drag the iPhoto Library folder from the disk to the Desktop and open it with iPhoto. If the library was created with iPhoto 7 or earlier you'll need to download and run this updater on the library: iPhoto Library Upgrader 1.1 before you'll be able to open it with iPhoto 9.5 or later. It will be located in the Applications/Utilities folder after downloading.

User uploaded file

Burned DVD will no longer play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.