Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X - Split all Tracks by selected regions on one track?

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to split all midi and audio track sections by selecting certian regions in one track. They won't be in order. Just which ever ones I choose?

Basically I would like to select certain regions on one track, and then with a key command have logic split the entire project (All Tracks) at the selected region's start and end points.

Hopefully this is possible.

Thanks everyone in advance!

Mac Pro (Early 2008), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), 2x2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel, 32GB Ram

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 1:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 9:20 AM

If I understand correctly what you wish to do then yes....

Select all regions to be split..

Set Locators...

Right click on Cycle bar and select Split regions at Locators...

Repeat as needed...

Done..

User uploaded file

8 replies

Feb 4, 2016 9:02 PM in response to The Art Of Sound

Hi Art,

I don't think you may have understood me, or vise versa. What I'm trying to do is...

Highlight different regions on the same track but not adjacent to each other. Then split ALL tracks/regions from the selections that i've made from the one track.

Example:

1. Track 1: Region 1, 3, 10, 12, etc., selected

2. Then Split all other regions on all other tracks based on the regions I selected in Track 1.

Does this make sense?

Feb 4, 2016 10:35 PM in response to micdim

Ok.. You cannot do multiple splits horizontally as far as I am aware.... You have to do them one at a time horizontally.

But... if you set the locators to match one of the regions in the top track... and then use the command I showed.. All other regions below will be split in the same place.... Repeat for each of the other regions in the top track...

Feb 5, 2016 6:57 AM in response to The Art Of Sound

Thanks Art, it works great... but now I have another issue.

I have beat mapping which changes the tempo in parts of the song. Can I have the Tempo/Beat Mapping follow the moved regions.

Example:

I want to shorten a song. So I'm trying to use the splits that I have made to erase some of the regions, and then move the other regions to the empty space to shorten the song.

Thanks again your time is very much appreciated!

Logic Pro X - Split all Tracks by selected regions on one track?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.