Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I ordered an iPad 3 wifi only and they sent me a wifi + 3g by mistake without a sim card

I ordered a reconditioned iPad 3 wifi only and they sent me a wifi + 3g by mistake - without a sim card. This is my first experience with a tablet of any kind so I have some questions:

1. is there any reason I would want to return the wifi + 3g iPad for the wifi only iPad?

2. what is the difference between a wifi only iPad and one with wifi + 3g without a sim card?

3. would there be any benefit to getting a sim card for this iPad?

4. what could I do with the wifi + 3g iPad with NO sim card that I cannot do with the wifi only?

Thank you - TP

iPad

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 2:02 PM

2 replies

Feb 4, 2016 2:15 PM in response to teepee03

1. Honesty

2. WiFi + cellular has GPS receiver and (obviously) cellular hardware to work with cellular network.

3. Yes but you're being dishonest.

4. You can have internet access while you're on the go (eg: in your car, on the beach etc where there is cellular signal coverage)

I understand it is not your fault but you should still contact the seller and inform them about the mistake. If they tell you to keep them, jump up and down happily.

Feb 4, 2016 2:26 PM in response to ShagCA

I should have stated that I did contact them and due to it being their mistake it is my option to exchange for a wifi only or not. And considering my ignorance with all this, that is why I am reaching out to ask those who know, what should I do? I think you answered that by the comment to jump up and down happily!!

I ordered an iPad 3 wifi only and they sent me a wifi + 3g by mistake without a sim card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.