Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud keeps resetting

I have a macbook that I purchased in December 2014. I use an iPhone, iPad, and the Macbook, and rely upon the photostream to update my phone pictures.

Lately, two odd things have happened: first, iPhoto asks me if I want to use iCloud more than once a day, every day. I say yes, it then takes 20 minutes to repopulate my photos that were there just 5 minutes before.

I don't know what is set weird, but it's infuriating. I continue to hit yes, I do want to use iCloud and photostream, and it resets EVERY TIME I OPEN IT.

What gives?

I have the latest OS, 10.11.3 and have a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014).

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 2:46 PM

2 replies

Feb 4, 2016 3:41 PM in response to Yer_Man

I accidentally cut off my first question.

iPhoto (Version "9.6.1 (910.42)") on my laptop resets at least once a day, if not multiple times. I have it set to use iCloud and photostream over all my devices. I will open iPhoto to find a photo in my photostream, and instead of the album it will pop up a message box that says "Would you like to turn on iCloud and use Photostream?" to which I will answer yes, for the hundredth time, and it will then take several minutes to repopulate iPhoto's iCloud Photostream with photos that were in it a mere 30 seconds before.

The second issue I have is that when I plug in my camera (a Canon Rebel SLR), it used to just open iPhoto, offer me the chance to import and then delete import. Now the Photos App (Version 1.3 (350.23.0)) opens itself - and offers to upload from my camera. If I try to quit out of Photo and just use iPhoto, it seems to inhibit iPhoto from the regular process as the import selection screen with progress bar closes. If I try to reopen it by replugging in my camera, again Photo will open and initiate the upload. If I let Photo upload the pics off the camera, iPhoto will wait - and when Photo is done, iPhoto shows the upload screen.

So I don't know if they are uploading twice, or why I can't just do it with iPhoto like I always have - but I can't upload off my camera with iPhoto unless I let Photo do it first.

This is a secondary problem, however, to iCloud acting as though I've never set up photostream again, every time I try to use iPhoto.

icloud keeps resetting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.