Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad mini 2 screen problem

iPad mini 2 16GB Wifi model has horizontal lines on screen. They go away sometimes but are mostly there. iPad is very well taken care of and never dropped. Running newest OS only been like this since yesterday. The lines move with the apps and are not permanent but they are there most of the time.User uploaded file

iPad, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 3:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2017 3:07 PM

I have the exact same issue, I have had my iPad mini for 3 years with out a glitch then this started last night. In addition the screen dims in and out and now I have ghost images of the screen. I have done a complete factory reboot and still the same. Does this mean a new iPad or is it fixable?

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2017 3:07 PM in response to hughmnyk

I have the exact same issue, I have had my iPad mini for 3 years with out a glitch then this started last night. In addition the screen dims in and out and now I have ghost images of the screen. I have done a complete factory reboot and still the same. Does this mean a new iPad or is it fixable?

Sep 8, 2017 12:30 AM in response to Matthewlopez

I have had my iPad mini 2 for just less than 3 years. This issue began for me in July.

I took it to the apple shop and they said it was a screen problem. It can't be repaired because the iPad is a sealed unit.

They did not offer to replace it but offered me a discount on a like for like model.

As the mini 2 is getting old it wasn't an option and I've had to buy a new iPad.

Just under 3 years isn't very long for an expensive product to break down.

If the next iPad is the same, my love of Apple will have waned and I will look elsewhere for better quality goods.

Jun 11, 2016 11:39 PM in response to razmee209

Holding down the Home and Sleep buttons simultaneously won't solve the problem, because it's a hardware fault. I had this fault nine months ago and got a replacement device. A new screen ensued in April, and just two weeks ago I was "given" another "new one". Now I get this again.

I don't maltreat my iPads, and always keep them in a cover. There is no apparent reason for this fault, and if I have had it twice, others must have had it too.

iPad mini 2 screen problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.