Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen not working on after detaching

Hi, yesterday I attempted to fix my mac's wobbly screen by myself without experience. I completely detached the screen using this tutorial: https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/MacBook+Pro+15-Inch+Unibody+Mid+2010+LCD+Replacemen t/3581

I took off the hinge protector and tightened the loose screws, then tried to put it all back together. After that, my computer would turn on just fine, but my svreen would just flicker once and stays black! I've tried connecting it to a separate screen and it works on the other screen, so it's most likely a problem with the connection between the computer and the screen. I've also tried reversing the process and putting everything back together again, but it still wouldn't work. Can any of you tell me what i could possible have done wrong? Thanks.

Model: A1278

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 6:08 PM

3 replies

Feb 6, 2016 12:49 AM in response to My Mac is broken.

Ok, i got what you mean, sorry for.....ehhhhhh....seeing your user name?

hey dude don't get upset ok? Make something broken is always the start of gaining experience! i damaged tons of Apple product, some of them got eventually repaired and some of them turns into trash can!

since you already confirmed that is a backlight failure, which is means your Mac is recognizing the device- your built-in display, you can double check that in SYSTEM INFORMATIONS by using external display, or shin a flashlight XD

and them, mirror your display, and then attempt to switch brightness as usual, what dose the indicator show? bars? forbidding mark? or the indicator is completely gone?

there might be the damage/incorrect installing to the-

-display cable 🙂

-display 😐

-the gold color display plug on your motherboard 😟

-The power support/management parts on your motherboard that to the backlight😢

Meanwhile also reset your PRAM and SMC for that bit of hope, since it can actually flicker once

check carefully and good luck

Jason Nvm

Screen not working on after detaching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.