Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clarification on a jpeg export selection in iPhoto

Good evening

In my searches on exporting from iPhoto I have obtained most, if not all, the information that I needed.

My goal is to export my events as "they are" when I view them now in my events. In my case, that means some pictures inside the event have been edited while others didn't receive any edits. If I choose "current", if I am correct, it would accomplish that goal by either exporting the last modified, or in the case of an unedited photo , the original one. If I am wrong, please advise.

What I am not certain of is if I were to choose the "jpeg", just exactly what would be exported? Would I be getting the last modified event jpeg's as if I had selected the the "current" and again, if there were no edits made to an original, would those photos be exported as well?

I am just trying to ensure that I end up the export with only one photo, whether it is the original or modified, as the case may be, using the jpeg export. I'm just looking for a solution to have the iPhoto inputed metadata info to go with them in one process.

As you can see, I likely missed some deeper explanations.

Thanks for any clarification.

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 5:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 7:07 PM

Yes - current exports the current version what ever it is - edited or original

JPEG does the same

and this may help - Exporting From iPhoto

LN

1 reply

Clarification on a jpeg export selection in iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.