Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any Audible users?

Can any Audible user's confirm if Audible allow repeat downloads of past purchases?

tt2

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 5:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 12:49 AM

Hi,

Yes. This has always been the case. I have not used audible for the last two years. I was surprised that I could still sign into both my accounts, the second one last used about 4 yrs ago.

What also surprised me that "A Storm of Sword" was a single file compared with the original which was split into two parts, each with 3 separate files!

Jim

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2016 12:49 AM in response to turingtest2

Hi,

Yes. This has always been the case. I have not used audible for the last two years. I was surprised that I could still sign into both my accounts, the second one last used about 4 yrs ago.

What also surprised me that "A Storm of Sword" was a single file compared with the original which was split into two parts, each with 3 separate files!

Jim

Feb 11, 2016 2:13 AM in response to turingtest2

There is an exception to the repeat downloads - just like the iTunes Store, any audiobook that's no longer offered for purchase from Audible will not be available for re-download.

Jim's comment about the number of files depends, I believe, on the "audio quality" setting that's shown on your Library page of Audible's website - see http://www.audible.co.uk/audioformats for details. Looking at my recent purchases, with the "level 4" setting each book is served as two files:

User uploaded file

but switching this to the "Enhanced" setting shows just one file per audiobook:

User uploaded file

I'm not sure of the logic of this since the size of the "Enhanced" files will be larger (28.8MB per hour of audio compared to 14.4MB for Level 4) - so for the first example above Level 4 (which is what I use) gives two files that are around 80MB each, whereas Enhanced would, I assume, produce one 320MB file. Whatever the logic, that's the most likely explanation for variation in the number of files offered by the Audible library.

Any Audible users?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.