Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Re-cloning an entire clone

I will be getting replacement hard drives from OWC because of problematic chipsets and will need to transfer all my data to the new drives.

Both have several partitions, most with clones of different versions of OS systems on them. Of course, I can clone the latest copy fresh from the iMac directly, but my other clones (e.g. factory fresh clones of three different OS versions) would need to be cloned to the new drive from the clone of the old drive.

Can I do that while booted into the iMac or do I need to boot into the old clone/drive in order to clone that to the new drive? This is using CarbonCopyCloner.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), 2012 i7 3.4 GHz 16 GB RAM

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 6:21 PM

4 replies

Feb 5, 2016 6:56 PM in response to babowa

Weird I didn't see your post last night. Maybe bumping it caused it to finally turn up to night...?

You should be able to select each of the clones and then clone each to a partition on the new drive.

From my experience, CCC should be able to do everything that you want while booted normally from the version that your iMac is currently running.

Re-cloning an entire clone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.