Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have wowway.com email. Today all 50 emails disappeared out of my inbox. Is there a way to retrieve them?

I have wow.com email. Today all the emails in my inbox (approx 50) disappeared. Is there a way to retrieve them?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 5:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 9:20 AM

Hi elebit,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

It looks like you don't see the email in your inbox. Are you looking at the Mail application on your Mac or the provider's website (wowway.com)?

You may be able to retrieve messages that have disappeared from the Mail app if you have Time Machine set to back up your Mac. You can find more information about this in OS X Yosemite: Recover items using Time Machine and Spotlight.

All the best.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2016 9:20 AM in response to elebit

Hi elebit,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

It looks like you don't see the email in your inbox. Are you looking at the Mail application on your Mac or the provider's website (wowway.com)?

You may be able to retrieve messages that have disappeared from the Mail app if you have Time Machine set to back up your Mac. You can find more information about this in OS X Yosemite: Recover items using Time Machine and Spotlight.

All the best.

Feb 6, 2016 10:06 AM in response to jeremy_v

Thanks again, Jeremy, for responding.

I opted out of using time machine & spotlight, because I already have everything backed up another way.

However, I didn`t realize that the 52 emails I thought I`d lost were still on the web because I rarely go to the web for my mail. Only if I`m traveling, & use someone else`s computer.

So, although it was a tad time-consuming, what I did was email all 52 messages back to myself.

Everything is hunky-dory now. :>)

God bless you for your spirit of helpfulness!

I have wowway.com email. Today all 50 emails disappeared out of my inbox. Is there a way to retrieve them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.