Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't connect iPhone 6s Plus to iTunes

I have Mac OS X Version 10.7.5 on my Mac and the latest version of iTunes on my iPhone 6s Plus. However, every time I connect my Phone to my Mac I get the message: cannot be used because it requires a newer version of iTunes. According to my computer and my phone I have the latest versions.

What do I do? I can't connect with my computer/

iPhone 6s Plus, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 7:35 PM

1 reply

Feb 6, 2016 7:25 AM in response to reimeang

Hello there, reimeang.

It sounds like you are being given the message that you need a newer version of iTunes when you are trying to sync your iPhone 6s Plus to your Mac. The reason you are seeing that message is because the iPhone 6s Plus requires iTunes 12.3 or later. The current version of version of iTunes (12.3.2) has a requirement of OS X 10.8.5 or later. Since you are running Mac OS X 10.7.5 you are unable to upgrade to the latest version of iTunes that the iPhone 6s Plus requires.

iPhone 6 - Technical Specifications

iTunes Download and System Requirements

In order to be able to sync your iPhone to your computer, you will need to update the Operating System to Yosemite or El Capitan. El Capitan is currently available in the Mac App Store at the following link:

OS X El Capitan - Mac App Store

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Kind Regards.

can't connect iPhone 6s Plus to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.