Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

multiclip audio names

So i made a multi clip via an old tutorial and tried to sync in FCP X. (2 cams w audio and a boom)

I ended up renaming all the clips via the tutorial. eg: Shoot1_part02_Z_Audio_001

Anyway FCP X wouldn't sync it so I did it in Pluraleyes 3.5. Sent a multi clip back to FCP X.

Thought everything was fine. Began editing and then noticed the boom mic had no waveform or audio. The XML from Pluraleyes clearly worked as the audio is in the correct place.

So then I noticed in the multiclip time line the audio is labeled as 101T01.WAV. When i reveal in browser, it is labeled Shoot1_part02_Z_Audio_001.

Is this why I can't hear it or a waveform does not show up? Any ideas on how to fix?

User uploaded file

Mac Pro (Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), D500,32gig,512 2x thunderbolt displ

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 7:49 PM

7 replies

Feb 5, 2016 9:36 AM in response to john younger

Beware of old tutorials, as they may not apply entirely to newer versions; and beware of web tutorials in general - most are of very low quality.

Of course, I can't comment on the one you followed, because you did not say which was.

I am not familiar with PluralEyes, but I have to say that I see no reason why this would not work in FCPX alone.

Renaming all the clips is unnecessary. As long as you add adequate Camera Angle values in the inspector, to make sure that clips that belong in the same angle have the same value, use sync on audio (since all camera clips also have audio), this should be almost instantaneous.

What exactly failed when you tried to sync in FCP X?

Feb 5, 2016 12:04 PM in response to john younger

so the test fails. FCP will not sync. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

1. drag in footage from cam a and b (transcoded from mxf to prores 422) (roughly 4 hours)

2. Label the camera angles A, B respectively

3. drag in audio (.wav)

4. Labled audio Z_audio in camera angle

5. select all footage and right click to make new multicam clip

6. make sure audio for sync is selected all other settings automatic

Nothing is in sync.....

multiclip audio names

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.