Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

As soon as i turn on my MacBook Pro all other devices in my home loose internet connection.

Overall, When my Macbook Pro turns on and connects to my home wifi, all other devices (Smart TV, iPad, Dell laptop, Acer Netbook) loose internet connection. Sometimes internet is slow at other times it is zero. All these devices are not on all at one time. Even if only one device such as my Smart Tv is on and I turn my MacBook Pro on, My Smart TV will loose internet connection and most times just stop working, which would other times be okay.

It seems as if the level of wifi network ability (?) on my laptop is really high and all other devices just die out when my Macbook Pro turns on and is connected to my home wifi.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 8:58 PM

4 replies

Feb 4, 2016 9:31 PM in response to Azka1

I need to know a few things.

1. What is your modem, make and model please??

2. What is your router? I presume you have a Time Capsule since this is the area you posted in.

3. Is everything using wireless?

Do you know if this is a wireless problem or a routing issue?

Please plug a computer into the router by ethernet.. eg your dell laptop when you run your MBP.. can it get internet at the same time now?

I am probably going to need some screenshots of your router setup..

The router is likely in the wrong mode.. ie it is bridged when it should be router.. it can autonomously change modes.

Feb 8, 2016 10:54 PM in response to LaPastenague

Hi there, Thanks for your reply.

My Modem is Hitron CGN2-ROG.
And Yes to your question, I can plug my dell laptop, and macbook by ethernet cable to my modem and they both work fine, no issues. Its just when I try to connect both devices to wifi simultaneously, dell stops working. It seems as if MBP pulls all the wifi power out of my modem, leaving none for any other devices.

3. Is everything using wireless. No. My smart tv is with ethernet. when i connect my MBP and dell (or Acer) to wifi, i stat loosing internet.

No I dont have Time Capsule, I wasnt sure where to post my inquiry. It was my first time posting

Please help me i want to use my MacBook Pro on wifi, And i cant when my husband is working on Dell 😟

Feb 9, 2016 12:51 AM in response to Azka1

I cannot really do much since you are using a router that is supplied by your ISP.

It all depends on how they setup.. and if they expect you to use a router or not.

Please read the manual.

http://armstrongonewire.com/documents/cgn2_manual.pdf

Ring your ISP if they supplied the modem and ask what mode is it in.

If it is in bridge then buy a router.. if it is supposed to be in router mode then something is wrong, because multiple computer should be able to work.

As soon as i turn on my MacBook Pro all other devices in my home loose internet connection.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.